Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Wishing You A Fabulous Day - CFC86

While my crafting mojo has been lost for some time now, it always seems to be the challenges at CAS-ual Fridays that give me some inspiration to create. This week their challenge {CFC86} is to create a Clean and Simple (CAS) card that has a long and short side; no standard A2 cards allowed. While 4.25" x 5.5" are usually all I do, I decided to step-outside-of-the-box and play along.The finished size of my card for this week is 3.5" x 8", with just a wee bit hanging off the right edge.

Just the details… (1) I paper-pieced the stamped banner image, added a row of tiny gems below part of the sentiment to make it stand out a bit more and turned one of the banner flags 180 degrees, (2) After embossin the bottom portion of top layer, I adhered a row of flags along the back side on the left.

Challenges used for this card:
CAS-ual Fridays - CFC86 Long & Short

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

 
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Signature Series - Dress Form), Studio G (banner); Patterned Paper: DCWV (All About Girls Stack); Cardstock: Neenah (Natural Ice); Ink: Versafine (Onyx Black); Gems: Recollections; Die Cut: Spellbinders (Nested Lacey Pennants); Embossing: Cuttlebug (Honeycomb)

13 comments:

  1. Love this card! You always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, love this card! Fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. Glad you are back in the craft room. Does the card open from the left?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fold is on the left (long) edge.

      Delete
  4. This is so fun! I love all of the pennants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous card! Love all the details! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and pretty! I love the colours, embossed background, and the cute little flags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great with the white texture and pops of pp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all those fabulous banners. Fabulous design. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty sweet creation. I love this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving all of those banners! So glad you are finding your mojo with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great card. I love the ping of colour on your banners against that textured background.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous colourful banners against all that lovely white embossing! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete