Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Pin-Spired: Generational Photo


Every once in a while, I put one of the great ideas I find on Pinterest to good use... I become Pin-Spired, you could say. My mom was visiting over the holidays and since the weather was good, I was able to put {THIS PIN} to good use.

I knew that I wanted the photo to have a 'rustic' background like the original Pin. Since we were going to have to go there multiple times to get all of the pictures taken, I wanted the site to be close to home. What could be closer than against the neighbor's fence in my backyard?! To go with the look I chose a weathered-wood frame from Michaels in a 12x18.

The first photo I took was of my daughter. After editing and resizing, I had it printed at Walgreen's in just an hour! Next up was a picture of me holding the framed picture of my daughter. Again it was the same edit, resize, print. Finally, I got my mom outside for her photo and I was able to finish the final photo in the series.

Luckily for all of these I was able to get a discount code for the printing. I think they were around $4 each after the discount. The final photo will be hung on the wall in the frame that we used for the pictures. My plan is to buy a 2nd frame and hang the original photo of my daughter as well.

Have you been Pin-Spired lately?
Follow Me on Pinterest
Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. I really love this idea! I can't wait to try it. Gonna go have a look around of your fantastic blog now.
    Thanks, Carol

    ReplyDelete