Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thank You, Teacher - CAS-ual Fridays CFC68 #2

I am back today with another card for CAS-ual Friday's latest challenge - {CFC68 Back To School}! I love CAS and I love making cards with apples (just check out my etsy store for proof - ha).

To start the card I embossed the card base with an alphabet impression plate and then stamped the sentiment using some of my new-to-me inks from Impress Rubber Stamps - {Fresh Ink}. These inks are nice and juicy and give great coverage. I did learn later I should have stamped the sentiment before embossing, as the 'thank you' wasn't as clear as it could be on the textured base.

Next I created my focal point using a notebook die cut and a paper-pieced apple. I used the same technique for the embossed strip as on {THIS} card and {THIS} card.
Just the details… (1) The card base was embossed with an alphabet plate, (2) the polka dot embossed strip was adhered with foam adhesive and aligned with the paper-pieced apple, (3) stamped the sentiment in 2 different ink colors onto the embossed card base.

Challenges used for this card:
 CAS-ual Fridays: CFC68 Back To School

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!
 
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Teacher's Apple); Patterned Paper: Jillibean Soup (Red Sugar); Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Neenah (kraft), Stampin' Up! (wasabi); Inks: Fresh Ink (Black Tea, Red Currant); Die Cut: Papertrey Ink (Spiral Notebook Page); Embossing: Cuttlebug (Polka Dot), Papertrey Ink (Book Plate Impression Plate); Paper Punch: Fiskars (Apple A Day)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! So much white goodness and the texture is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card Alicia, I love the embossing and pop of red polka paper for the apple :0)
    So glad you joined us this week at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS! Love the texture on that crisp white card base and the pop of color in the apple :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE all the embossing and how you edged around the apple! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO awesome!! Love love the embossed background with great textures! FABULOUS!!Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete