Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pin-Spired: Teacher's 'Stache Jar

I am back today with another Pinterest-Inspired project I created recently. Earlier this year I pinned {THIS} jar and thought it would make great starting point for my daughter's teacher, who is male AND has facial hair. On the 2nd or 3rd day of school my daughter came home and said today was her teacher's birthday. I knew just what I needed to make for a belated birthday present...

I got out my etched glass frosted vinyl that I bought from {THIS eBay SELLER} and went to work. I just love the look of frosted glass and this is so much easier (and cheaper) than etching cream. For the mustache I printed off an image I found online, then traced it onto the back of the vinyl. The letters were cut out individually using the Sizzix Sizzlits Naturally Serif alphabet die.

Next came the hard part - trying to line it up nicely and still make it fit on the jar. Whenever I use my large Xyron, I keep the backing sheet. I cut a piece of this the same size as the space on the jar and placed my frosted vinyl pieces on there. When it came time to apply to the jar, I just folded back part of the backing paper and carefully applied the pieces. If I had it to do over again, I would have centered the 'stache' line, instead of right-aligning it.  Before wrapping it up, we added some bags of chocolate and mint M&Ms - her teacher's favorite.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what an awesome Idea I am going to use this at Christmas time this year. Thank-you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete