Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ultimately Love…

I saw {THIS} card yesterday on Debby Hughes' blog and fell in LOVE. I just had to give it a try myself and I can see this being a favorite layout/idea that I use in the future. The clean and simple feel and bit of woodgrain texture just call to me.

For my version, I started with a landscape white card base. After I had die cut part of the heart shape out of a 2.125" x 4.25" piece of white cardstock, I used a woodgrain embossing folder to give it some texture. This was adhered with foam dots to the left side of the card base, about 1/2" away from the edge.

Once I had the first piece in place, I adhered a red die-cut heart right onto the card base, aligning it with the cut out of the woodgrain piece. To finish the card I placed three gems on the heart and stamped a love-themed sentiment onto the front.

Challenges used for this card:
The Pink Elephant - TPE130 Hearts
Splitcoast Stampers - CAS152 Die Cuts

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!
 
 
Stamps: Cloud9 (Love); Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Recollections (red); Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Gems: Darice; Die Cut: Spellbinders (Classic Heart); Embossing Folder: The Paper Studio (woodgrain)

2 comments:

  1. This is so elegant and beautiful, I love your use of the woodgrain and white on white

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, this is AMAZING!!! LOVE the CAS style and the white on white! BEAUTIFUL card!!!

    ReplyDelete