Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Butterfly Happy Birthday

As you know from yesterday's post, I was so inspired by {THIS} card, that I just had to try out the technique. I am guessing over the next few days you will see some more similar cards.

Instead of a heart, today I have used a couple different butterfly dies from Spellbinders' Wonderful Wings set. I started by cutting down the white strip to 2.125" x 5.25", then used one of the 'outline' dies to cut out a shape from the strip. After using a woodgrain embossing folder on this piece, I adhered it to the right side of the card with foam dots.

Next I used the corresponding 'intricate' butterfly on a piece of pink cardstock. Once I had pried the die cut from the die and punched out all of the holes, I placed some adhesive on the back of its body, then adhered to the card base; aligning it with the cut in the embossed strip.

To finish the card off, I placed some gems on the butterfly, folded its wings up for some dimension and stamped the sentiment.
Challenges used for this card:
Splitcoast Stampers - CAS152 Die Cuts

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

 
Stamps: AmyR Stamps (Wardrobe Sentiments); Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Papertrey Ink (pink); Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Gems: Darice; Die Cut: Spellbinders (Wonderful Wings); Embossing Folder: The Paper Studio (woodgrain)

1 comment: