Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bewitched By You - Whimsie Wednesday Challenge


Pin ItThis week is my turn to host another (and my last) Whimsie Wednesday Challenge on the Whimsie Doodles blog!! This week, I have asked our fans/readers to create a card or project that uses their favorite image / stamp.

For my card today I have used Whimsie Doodles' Witchy Girl digital set. I purchased this stamp a couple of years ago, before I was a Doodlelicious Diva. I think what drew me to this image the most is her funky glasses. I have worn glasses for almost 30 years and was excited to see a stamp image with glasses, that wasn't childish - she is stylin' in her specs. With Halloween coming up, I thought it was the perfect time to put my favorite image to use.

The card base was cut from clear cardstock and folded along the top. Since you can see the inside of the card through the front, I adhered some purple, glittery paper inside and then a white cardstock piece for a handwritten note. The image was glued to the front and covers up the white CS on the inside. I hand cut the sentiment in a tag-shape, and tied it on with The Twinery's Lilac, Charcoal and Mardarin twines.

Click HERE to find out how you can play along with my challenge this week and win some Whimsie Doodles goodies!!

Just the details… (1) Added a trio of gems to the sentiment tag, (2) Used coordinating colors of twine to tie on the sentiment, (3) The image on the front covers the white CS inside.

Challenges used for this card:
Whimsie Wednesday - Favorite Image / Stamp
Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Whimsie Doodles (Witchy Girl); Patterned Paper: Target $ Spot; Cardstock: ShortCuts (clear); Twine: The Twinery (Lilac, Charcoal, Mandarin); Gems: Studio18 (orange); Corner Rounder: The Paper Studio

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Like the image just stamped with no coloring. Would never expect you to do that (not use you Copics).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! I love Witchy too.

    ReplyDelete