Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Friday, June 3, 2011

From This Moment On… Wedding Card

Pin ItTomorrow we are off to a wedding of one of my husband's co-workers. After finding a bag for the wedding gift, I was inspired to create a card with the same look and feel (see detail pictures below). Above is the card I ended up creating.

Since the 'LOVE' on the gift bag was glittered turquoise, I knew I wanted to carry that to my card and incorporate the wedding date, to make it more personal. After die-cutting the date, I ran them face-down through my Xyron, then sprinkled on some turquoise glitter. To help separate the parts of the date (month, day, year), I die-cut some small hearts and did the same thing using silver glitter.

After placing the numbers and hearts across the card, there was no room left beside them for the sentiment I had chosen - "From this moment on…". No fear, I just created a clear front for the card and stamped the sentiment to the right side. The sentiment and date both showed clearly this way.
Just the details… (1) When the card is closed you are able to see the date and sentiment at the same time, (2) Placed the numbers and hearts on the front of the inner card, (3) Glitter, glitter and more glitter - oh and I forgot to mention that I did some embossing and scoring on the white cardstock, (4) A look at the gift bag we purchased, that also became my inspiration for the card.

Challenges used for this card:
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #105 Wedding / Love
Hanna and Friends - #96 Blue & White
Moving Along With The Times - #101 No Designer Papers

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Fiskars / Cloud 9 (Simple Thoughts - Weddings); Cardstock: ShortCuts (Clear), Bazzill (Date Swirl, Tropical Breeze); Georgia Pacific (White); Ink: StazOn (Jet Black); Glitter: Martha Stewart (Sterling, Turquoise); Die Cuts: Papertrey Ink (By The Numbers), Spellbinders (Classic Heart); Embossing: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots); Adhesive: Xyron, ATG, SU! Dimensionals

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Alicia!! Love all the sparkle and how you personalized it with the wedding date!! They will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card! I love the glitter to the date and the hearts in between too. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wandered here from PTI forums... what a gorgeous card!!!! I'm not the biggest fan of glitter usually but I am really liking it here, great job! The clear front you used looked like a veil in the first picture, I thought it was tulle because of the reflection, nice touch! I think the recipients will love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh... what a very pretty sparkly card! I really like the hearts that separate the numbers. Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card! I love how graphic it is, but sparkly and pretty all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. I love how you were able to get it to match your gift bag. They are sure to treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it - 'nuf said! I've got it bookmarked and will be repeating your fantastic card. Thanks for sharing it! I'll let you know when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous wedding card - love the turquoise (one of my favourite colours) and the glitter.

    Thank you so much for joining us at the MAWTT challenge this week. Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful Alicia, love all the glitter, its so pretty against the embossed white card. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic card! It's a great idea to put the date on, and the clear cardstock looks so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, very original! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT for our wedding / love challenge this time and good luck, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this looks fantastic! Love the shimmering of the numbers and the hearts. Great job!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Hanna & Friends.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete