Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Head Gardener - Woodware USA Challenge 30

Pin It Time for another challenge at the Woodware USA blog! Challenge #30 (WWUSAC30) is to create a masculine card. This card was a chance to really stretch my crafting muscles... not only are masculine cards not my forté, but none of the Woodware USA sets I own scream 'manly'. It really made me look at the stamps in a whole new light - very fun.

I chose to work with the Garden Greetings set and to keep the card very clean and simple (CAS). I started off by embossing part of the kraft card base, then matting the stamped (and un-colored) image onto a navy blue cardstock. What started as an 'oops' ended up being a nice addition to the sentiment banner (see picture #3 below).

Make sure to check out the challenge blog post HERE to see what the rest of the design team made, and find out how you can play along and be entered in the monthly drawing!
Just the details… (1) A close-up of the embossed, distressed lines on the card base, (2) Placed three (3) metal studs on the bottom portion of the image mat, (3) After trimming down one of the edges of my sentiment banner, I noticed the end of the cutter had left this indentation... instead of starting over, I just did the same thing on the other end.

Challenges used for this card:
 Woodware USA - #30 Masculine

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Woodware USA (Garden Greetings); Cardstock: Wausau (kraft), Georgia Pacific (white), The Paper Studio (red, navy); Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Embellishment: Michaels (metal studs); Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Distressed Stripes)

5 comments:

  1. Alicia, this is such a fun card!! I love all of your clean lines, and of course, your photography is just excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE this card. Love the Americana colors and my eye was drawn to the "oops" indentation on your banner...I LOVE that!!! Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just right for a man Alicia, a nice clean card !! FAB !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete