Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I've Been Published!! Create: Stamping

Pin ItOne of the items on my 'bucket list' is to have a card published in a print magazine. Since I never really submitted work, I figured it would never happen. Imagine my surprise when on February 19, 2011 (yes, I remember the exact date), Jennifer Gallacher contacted me via Two Peas to see if I was interested in creating a sample for an upcoming publication... for Northridge Publishing... the maker of CARDS... my favorite magazine!! I about flipped. I couldn't answer her back fast enough.

I found out it was for a stamping technique special issue and was given a choice of two techniques to try out. I hadn't heard of either one, but that was not going to stop me. I did some research (thanks Barbara for helping me out) and created a card using the Wax Resist technique. I have to say, once I had the supplies together (wax paper, distress ink, iron, Whimsie Doodles' Baby Joy stamp set), it was easy and the results were very fun.

Because I am a master procrastinator, I waited until the very last day to send in my photo via email for approval. 'Butterflies in my stomach' would have been an understatement that day... 'wild birds' would be a better fit. When the 'This is EXACTLY what I was looking for.' email came back, I'll bet the whole neighborhood heard the scream.

When the Create: Stamping issue arrived in my mailbox a couple weekends ago (I am a subscriber to the special issues too), I was still in denial that my card would be in there. I figured they got the card, realized I was an amateur and decided to go a different route. Then I saw it... on page 58... and screamed again.

If you're not a subscriber, I hope you will pick the issue up on your next crafty-shopping trip. There are tons of gorgeous samples and great techniques to try out.

ETA: It looks like if you buy it online, you get a special issue FREE with your purchase.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Alicia! I'm so proud of you! Fabulous card and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! Your cards are Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT WOOT! Congrats Alicia! And I surely don't think you're an amateur...silly woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Congrats on your publication, Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Well done!

    ReplyDelete