Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Birthday Candles Card - Woodware USA Challenge #31


Pin It Monday means a new challenge at the Woodware USA Blog! This week we are challenging our customers and fans to create a birthday card. As soon as I started planning this card in my mind, I knew I wanted to incorporate real birthday candles. After finding these pretty pink ones at Hobby Lobby, I got to work using Woodware USA's Special Wishes stamp set.

I hope you will check out the details of the challenge HERE and play along with us this week. I will be back in about a day with a blog candy that is sponsored by Woodware USA!
Just the details… (1) Stamped the sentiment onto vellum so you could see a bit of the candles and colored paper underneath it, (2) Adhered the candles to the card with some glue lines and tied some teal twine around them for decoration, (3) Used foam dots to adhered the 'frame' for the candles.

Challenges used for this card:
 Woodware USA - WWUSAC31 Birthday

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!
Stamps: Woodware USA (Special Wishes); Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Fine & Dandy - Tickled Pink); Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Unknown (turquoise); Ink: StazOn (Jet Black); Twine: The Twinery (Caribbean); Die Cut: Spellbinders (Labels 2); Embossing: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots); Special Adhesive: Glue Dots (Glue Lines); Other: Vellum, Birthday Candles

7 comments:

  1. So creative!! Love the use of real candles! AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! The vellum wrap is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative!! This is just spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Especially those candles...Don't send it to me tho-It'll be melted by the time it hits my doorstep! SOOO COLORFUL too!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just in love with this card, Alicia! I love your use of real candles so much. What a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alicia, you have truly outdone yourself!! Everything just came together spectacularly on this fabulous card! I am beyond impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love your card Alicia. Really fab idea and so bright and cheerful !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete