Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Clean and Simple 5th Birthday Card

Pin ItLast weekend was a busy one at our house. We had a wedding to attend and my daughter was invited to a friend's birthday party. For both events I actually got around to making cards in time; versus when I usually have to buy them at the last minute.

For the friend's birthday party, I used some papers from a new Classics stack I got at Hobby Lobby. It has tons of great prints, in lots of different colors. They are even sized pretty well for cardmaking. The only down side, is the paper is pretty thin. Because of this I cut a piece of white cardstock and pink polka-dotted to the same size and adhered them together.

To start the card I stamped the "Happy", "th" and "Birthday" on the patterned front, using a placeholder "5" to get the correct placement. Once everything was stamped I used removable tape to place the die where I wanted to cut and ran it through my Cuttlebug. I set the cut-out "5" aside and put the front of the card together; using foam adhesive between the layers.

For the inside I used the 'leftover' from the front die-cut and decorated the inside. I rarely do this, but really like how it turned out. A clean & simple card, that was pretty quickly put together.
Just the details… (1) The die cut layer on the front was 'popped up' from the white piece, (2) Added a few gems to the left of 'birthday' for some sparkle, (3) Decorated the inside as well.

Challenges used for this card…
Scrappy Frogs - Birthday

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Big Birthday Wishes); Patterned Paper: The Paper Studio (The Classics); Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white); Ink: Versafine (Onyx Black); Gems: Crystal Stickers (Elements 3mm Round - Clear); Die Cut: Papertrey Ink (By The Numbers); Paper Punch: The Paper Studio (Corner Rounder)

4 comments:

  1. Great card and so creative! Like the 5 years ago sentiment inside the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card!!! All the pink just makes me smile!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean, simple and stunning Alicia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!!! The colours are so bright and cheerful, and the layout is clean and gorgeous. Well done!

    ReplyDelete