Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Birthday Fizz - Woodware USA Challenge 32

Pin ItFor the latest Woodware USA Challenge (WWUSAC32), Kerry has challenged us to create a card using her sketch (see below). I pulled out Woodware USA's Cocktails stamp set, along with my favorite border punch and got to work.

After I colored and cut out one of the fun cocktail images, I covered it with Diamond Glaze and set it aside to dry (note to self: Next time you want to use that stuff, make sure to get that part ready the night before... or don't use so much). For the card base, I layered some papers from a Die Cuts With a View mat stack, with a patterned paper I had created myself using various accent stamps from the set. (see close up below)

Once the cocktail was dry and read for the card, I adhered it with some foam tape on top of the sentiment banner I had created. If you look closely you can see I added some 'fizz' to the corner, by adding a few drops of Diamond Glaze.

Make sure to check out the challenge post HERE to see all of the other great cards from the design team and find out how you can play along and be entered in our monthly prize drawing!
Just the details… (1) A look at the 'patterned paper' I created with the accent stamps, (2) Used Diamond Glaze on the colored glass for a more realistic-look, (3) Placed a few drops of Diamond Glaze on corner of sentiment flag for some 'fizz'.

Challenges used for this card:
 Woodware USA - #32 Sketch

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Woodware USA (Cocktails); Patterned Paper: DCWV (All About Girls stack); Cardstock: Neenah (Solar White, Natural Ice); Unknown (teal); Inks: Studio G (green, blue, pink), Memento (Tuxedo Black); Markers: COPIC; Punches: Fiskars (Upper Crest border); The Paper Studio (corner rounder); Other: JudiKins (Diamond Glaze)

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun card!!!!! Love the image and use of diamond glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute, Alicia!! I just love the paper...looks so summery and well, fruity!! I enjoy a good cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deelish! I need that set. Love that you added some gloss to the glass. Oh...LUV the rounded corners-after my own heart!!!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete