Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!! Hopefully when this post goes live, I am still snug asleep in my bed. If I would like anything for Mother's Day, it would be some more sleep. What are you hoping for today? The card I am sharing today is what I sent to my mom.

I got out some of my favorite items to use - Papertrey Ink stamps, My Mind's Eye papers, Fiskars' Upper Crest border punch and my Ranger Sepia ink pad (I LOVE that thing). Amazingly the card went together in about 20 minutes; which for me is quickly. I love the results and I know my mom will appreciate it even more, since it is handmade.
Just the details… (1) Placed a couple foam dots on the back of the sentiment block, to give it some extra dimension, (2) Placed a light blue brad in the center of stamped flower, (3) Machine-stitched the sentiment to the back of the punched strip, (4) Inked the edges of each piece for more definition.

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Women of Life); Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Stella & Rose - Mabel); Cardstock: Wausau (Kraft), Neenah (Ivory); Ink: Ranger (Sepia), StudioG (gold); Border Punch: Fiskars (Upper Crest); Punch: Paper Studio (Corner Rounder); Other: Paper Doily, Machine Stitching

5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card, Alicia!!

    Happy Mother's Day to You!! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card!!!!! Thanks sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Alicia. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the PPs you used, and that doily is the perfect touch!
    Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete