Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Birthday Wishes - Woodware USA Challenge 14


Every Monday Woodware USA issues a new challenge on their blog. Today's challenge (WWUSAC14) is to create a project using embossing - wet or dry. I used their Elegant Cameos set; which you may recognize from last week's post, to create today's card. The thought in my head for this card was to create a 'wall' of vintage portraits.

I paired one of the silhouettes with a scalloped frames from the set, then stamped it multiple times onto red cardstock. All of these, except one, were stamped with watermark ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder. The last image was inked up with black ink, then clear embossed. Next I stamped "Birthday Wishes" onto a thin strip of vellum. After adhering this across the front of the card, I surrounded the sentiment with clear gems. I like the way the vellum allows just a little of the stamped background to show through. To tie the sentiment into the images a bit more, I added another clear gem to the center of the bow on the black-embossed image.

Make sure to check out what the rest of the design team created for this challenge HERE.


Challenges used for this card:
Woodware USA - #14 Embossing
Moxie Fab World - The Appearance of Cameos Challenge

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Woodware USA (Elegant Cameos); Cardstock: Bazzill (Cherry Splash), Unknown (Black); Inks: Versafine (Onyx Black), Versamark, StazOn (Jet Black); Paper Punch: The Paper Studio (corner rounder); Other: Clear Gems, Vellum, Clear Embossing Powder

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your DT position! This card is lovely ... I haven't used embossing in a while. Your card has inspired me to get up in my craft room and do some embossing! BTW ... did you notice? My blog is starting to light up again! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, this is so elegant!! I just love the way that you used the cameos!! So simple and yet so spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my favorite card you have done! Great job my talented friend!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats really neat! Happy Valentines Day! Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alicia, Yummy embossing. Love the little bit o' bling on her bow too. Fancy!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Alicia! Thanks for entering the Appearance of Cameos challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alicia I love All your Valentine cards!! Wow, you have been busy girl! You are so talented, it's wonderful to have you join us on the WWUSA team!! Lucky us!!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you embossed here- the black image w/ the red background is so striking! I also love the strip of vellum- I have to remember to use vellum more! :)

    ReplyDelete