Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Buzz? Buzz? -- DRS Designs


I will be the first to admit that I am a wimp when it comes to bugs, especially the ones that sting. I have tried to cut down on screaming when one comes near, so I don't instill the same fear in my daughter, but every once in a while I still let out a giant yelp and run for the hills. Well, I have met the first bee that I would ever want near me - DRS Designs' new Candy Corn Buzz Bee (C378)!!! Wouldn't you just love to grab one of these little guys out of the air for a nice treat...


To start my card, I cut a scrap of cardstock that was .5" shorter on all sides, than my piece of kraft cardstock. After centering the scrap on this piece, I used a brown marker to trace around it. The cute little bee was stamped all the background, then the part of each image that fell inside the hand-drawn rectangle was colored in. Almost like the spotlightling technique, but a larger area.


I stamped the Small Halloween Greeting (A042) onto a punched out piece of yellow, then embossed it and the orange image mat with Swiss Dots. For the final touch I colored and cut out one more 'bee', then covered it with Diamond Glaze. All pieces were adhered using foam dots to go along with the new challenge at Sentimental Sundays.

Make sure to check out all of the new releases at DRS Designs and visit the DT blogs for lots of inspiration (see links at left). Also don't forget about the new By Invitation Only contest DRS Designs is running. You can nominate your favorite stamper(s)!

Challenges used for this card:
Sentimental Sundays: #22 - Let's See Some Dimension

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: DRS Designs (Candy Corn Buzz Bee C378, Small Halloween Greeting A042); Cardstock: Wausau (Kraft), Stampin' Up (Orange, Yellow); Ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa); Colored Pencils: Prismacolor; Embossing: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots); Other: Diamond Glaze, Odorless Mineral Spirits

4 comments:

  1. So cute!!!! Love the center with the bees colored. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute with the Candy corn bugs! I love your layout as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stamp is adorable, but your card is totally stylish! Love the concept and the bit of glossy effects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the Spotlight Technique! This was a great way to show off those "Bees!"

    ReplyDelete