Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Artful INKables Blog Hop - Sew You


Welcome to the Artful Inkables blog hop! If you haven't come here from Kim's blog, then you will want to start at the Artful Inkables Blog so you don't miss anything along the way.

You are going to love this release! Artful INKables is releasing 2 fabulous stamp sets and you will not be disappointed! Be sure to follow us all the way to the end and make sure to leave a comment on everyone's blog, you never know which blog we'll be choosing a winner from! You will have until Friday, July 9th at midnight Eastern Standard Time to comment on all the design team blogs for a chance to win!

This month's Blog Hop winner will receive both of the brand new stamp sets plus a set of five new aquatic charms!

Today, I'm showing you a card made with the brand new Sew You rubber stamp set. This set contains lots of vintage sewing-related images and coordinating sentiments.


Since the set is full of sewing I decided to pull out my machine and sew away on the card. I know I say this every time I get out my machine, but I REALLY should sew on cards more often. It is pretty simple and adds such a fun touch.


For the sentiment block I used two different inks to stamp with. The lighter one being used for the vintage sewing machine, and the darker ink for the sentiment. To finish off the card I added 3 pearls that I colored light blue with my COPIC markers to match the striped paper.

The next stop on the hop is Jackie's Blog. Thank you once again for joining us today for the Artful INKables July Release Blog Hop, be sure to head on over to the store to order these fabulous stamp sets right away!

Challenges used for this card:
Craft Your Passion - #13: Faux or Real Stitching

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: Artful INKables (Sew You); Patterned Paper: BasicGrey (Cappella); Cardstock: Neenah (Natural Ice); Inks: Memento (Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa); Pearls: Crystal Stickers; Border Punch: Other: Machine Stitching

24 comments:

  1. Great idea to color the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Alicia! I really like your focal image double stamped... genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you are sew good as a seamtress. Love this stamp set. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia, this is my first time at your blog and I love your work. This card is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stamped and stitched card! And I love vintage stamps to use in my scrap booking. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love that you stamped the sentiment over the soft sewing machine image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, love all your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you shadowed the sewing maching behind your sentiment! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww, so sweet. I love the "country" look this has.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea to color the pearls to go with your card. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The stitching is nice. I really love your layout. Perfect for the Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card! The sewing on the card was a great touch. I really like the way you changed the pearls to match your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! Great job on the stitching! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card!! LOVE the stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very nice card :) Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea hun, love your stitching looks great
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion, this week!!
    hugs shell xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a charming quote - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW I love the stitching, Thanks for playing along at Craft Your Passion this week, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card.Such neat stitching.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful job Alicia!!! Love all the details youve added to your card!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  22. So much handmade but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your free-form stitching. Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete