Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Just My Style - Think INK 24


Last week the new Think INK Challenge went live on the Artful INKables blog. Sammi challenged us to sew on our creation, whether it be faux or real stitching. Make sure to check out how you can enter to win a grab bag of Artful INKables stamps!! If you don't have any AI stamps currently you can still join in the fun and maybe you will win some!!


To answer this challenge I created the card above using the vintage dress form from the set, along with the 'You're Just My Style' sentiment. The 'background' paper was cut from an old sewing pattern I had handy. It was wrapped around some cardstock, then I stitched around the edges. NOTE TO SELF: Don't put adhesive where you will be sewing. The needle does not appreciate it.  :)


The ruffle across the center was made with some leftover fabric. I sewed a very loose stitch (running stitch, I believe) down the center, then pulled and ruffled until it was the width of the card. After adhering the ruffle I added the image and sentiment using Dimensionals. To finish the card off I added the two pearls on the sentiment block and one on the top of the dress form. A very fun card to make.

I believe I mentioned it last week when I shared my Tiny Daily Stitches card, but just in case I will say it again. I AM IN LOVE with the new Sew You set from Artful INKables. This set has inspired me to get my sewing machine out and keep it that way. The vintage sewing images and coordinating sentiments are perfect! The set can be purchased for only $12 HERE at their online store. Here is a look at all of the stamps in the set...
Challenges used for this card:
Artful INKables - Think INK 24 Real or Faux Stitching

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: Artful INKables (Sew You); Patterned Paper: McCalls Sewing Pattern; Cardstock: Wausau (Kraft), PTI; Inks: Whispers (Green Leaf), Ranger (Sepia); Pearls: Crystal Stickers; Die Cuts: Spellbinders (Labels 10); Other: Fabric Scrap, Thread, Sewing Machine

4 comments:

  1. Love your card and looks like you had fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!! Love the background paper you used. My 13 yo daughter who sews would really love a card like this. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love this technique! I have to try it out one day, it's sew perfect for your image. lol! Okay, I'll stop being punny. ;)

    ReplyDelete