Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Think INK #20 - Home Is Where the Heart Is Card


As I mentioned the other day the latest Think INK challenge is up over on the Artful INKables blog - #20. This bi-weekly challenge has you use the following 'recipe' on your creation: 3 buttons, 2 pieces of ribbon, 1 circle.


I decided to use the Any Birdy Home set from Artful INKables to complete my challenge card. I stamped one of the three birdhouses in the set onto the Kraft cardstock mat in an off-white ink. Next I stamped a second copy of the same image, but punched out a 1 1/4" circle of the image. The circle is the only part of the image I colored in.


I noticed when I was putting on the patterned paper strip, that it was covering the bottom part of the birdhouse image. To avoid that I carefully cut around some of the leaves at the bottom of the image and slipped the paper strip underneath that.


For my three buttons I used clear buttons and on the back of the middle one I adhered a piece of the striped paper that mats the image block. These are on top of a sheer piece of ribbon, and a second piece was threaded and tied through the center button.

Make sure to stop back by on Monday for an Artful INKables New Release Blog Hop!

Challenges used for this card:
Think INK #20 - Recipe Challenge (3 buttons, 2 pieces ribbon, 1 circle)

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: Artful INKables (Any Birdy Home); Patterned Paper: DCWV (Linen Closet); Cardstock: Wausau (Kraft); Ink: CTMH (Colonial White); Colored Pencils: Prismacolor; Sheer Ribbon: Details & Accessories; Clear Buttons: Foofala; Paper Punch: Paper Shapers (1 1/4" Circle); Border Punch: Stampin' Up! (Scalloped); Adhesive: ATG, Glue Dots (Memory Book, Mini); Other: Odorless Mineral Spirits

6 comments:

  1. Alicia, this is SO clever! Love how you've done the spotlighting - it looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is one of the most creative and gorgeous cards I have seen lately! So many wonderful ideas, such a perfect end result!
    TFS
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! Love the image and spotlighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute,cute,cute! Love the spot litght !

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I sooo love this card! I am totally going to case this! So creative and just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Moly..Alicia! This card kicks butt!

    ReplyDelete