Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Poker Coaster Set - Think INK #18


The new Think INK challenge (Think Ink #18) has us using paint swatches as either a part of our creation or as inspiration. I decided to make a set of coasters for this challenge and since I didn't have any paint swatches handy, I decided to create a background for my coasters that resembled the swatches.


Not only did I get the chance to use the fun new Game On set by Artful INKables, but I got to use up some scraps and coasters that had been laying around for a while.


For each coaster I cut a strips of red, black and light gray cardstock. These were glued to the circle that gets placed on the back of each coaster. I made sure to leave a little white space between each strip to make it look more like a paint swatch.


To finish off the coasters I used StazOn with each of the 4 images in the Game On set to stamp on the top. This helped to give some extra dimension to the design.

Make sure to check out the Think INK challenge on the Artful INKables blog. You can play along to win a grab bag of AI stamps!!!

Rubber Stamps: Artful INKables (Game On); Ink: StazOn (Jet Black); Cardstock, Coasters: Craft Supply

11 comments:

  1. Wow, these are great! Looks like it was done by a pro! Wonderful set.

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally amazing! what a wonderful gift for the guy that loes games!!! You have conquered 2 of the hardest things... altered art and masculine... and in one wonderful project! AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these and so clever!!!!
    Glad you could use some of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cool looking and a great idea! I can just see my DH's poker buddies using them while they play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! New craft room = brilliant ideas and creativity! Alicia - you did a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! these are AWESOME! what a clever idea and looks so effective!!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is sooooo very very creative, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alicia these turned out AWESOME hun!!! I love them, and dont you just love using things that you already have???!!!! I know I do! I love the way you did these, awesome job hun!!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! I love the way your mind works!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not crafty at all. This is a super cute idea though.

    I'm stopping by from SITS. We're happy to have you.

    ReplyDelete