Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Princess Anya Birthday Card


My daughter turned 4 yesterday (hard to believe how fast time flies) and just loves all things Princess. I truly believe she thinks she is one. Because of this I just HAD to use Princess Anya from The Greeting Farm for her birthday card.


For her card I cut a 5.5" square card base from a ShortCuts Frosted Full Sheet. The sketch I used for this card is from this week's challenge at The Sweet Stop blog. Most of the elements from the sketch are on the front of the card, but because of the opaque quality of the frosted cardstock, I was able to put some of the pieces inside the card and still have them show through to the front.


I also took on the challenge at Stamp Scrap Doodle (Week 36), which was to use Buttons, Bows and Bling. Since princesses are usually full of all of these things, it was perfect. I added glitter to Anya's crown, wand and top of her dress and also on the back of the clear button that tops off the ribbon and hemp bow.


I paper-pieced most of the Anya image, but my favorite part was the skirt of her dress. I stamped another copy using my favorite white ink (CTMH White Daisy) onto vellum, then used a Stampin' Up flourish stamp to add even more detail to the skirt. This piece was cut out and adhered to the back of the glittered top, before it was pieced onto the main Anya image.


Here is a picture of my little princess with her card. I think I was more excited about it than she was. ;)

Challenges used for this card:
The Sweet Stop - Sketch w/a spin (SSS52)
Stamp Scrap Doodle - Week 36

Stamps: The Greeting Farm (Princess Anya), Stampin' Up! (Baroque Motifs); Patterned Paper: imaginisce (Fairest of Them All), Cardstock: ShortCuts (Frosted), GinaK (White), Bazzill (Green, Pink), Unknown (Vellum); Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), CTMH (Daisy White); Markers: COPIC; Ribon: Offray (Lemongrass Grosgrain), Fashion Naturals (Hemp Cord); Adhesive: ATG, Stampin; Up! (Dimensionals); Glue Dots (Memory Book); Glitter: Stickles (Cotton Candy); Gems, Clear Button: Craft Supply

9 comments:

  1. Awesome ... adorable ... beautiful! I love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i freaking love the card, and the pic with her and the card, PRICELESS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is just sooo adorable! Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made a mistake on my first post and it read like I didn't know she was a princess and I certainly do.
    Love the card and the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my how cute is that?? Your card is fab but I am talking about your daughter with her card ~ priceless!! She looks like she loves it!!! LOL
    It is an adorable card! Love all your details on it!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the sketch!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little girl! LOVE the card... perfect for a little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous. I love the way you dressed her up! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, two pretty princesses, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete