Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Garden Seeds Foldover Card - Artful INKables


Have you already participated in the Artful INKables Blog Hop that I blogged about yesterday?! If not, get started - you still have time to win some fabulous new stamps! Today I am back with another Artful INKables creation, and it uses the brand new 'In My Garden' stamp set; which I featured yesterday for the hop as well.


I am going to call today's card type a 'foldover' because I have no idea how else to describe it. The sketch/idea came from one of my CTMH books. The 'Garden Seeds' image panel actually wraps around to the back of the card and it is held shut using a removable glue dot.


I stamped the packet onto Kraft cardstock in Sepia ink, then trimmed so there was an extra 1/2" inch to the right of the image. A simple score line was added to help it easily wrap around the side of the card base. I added just a bit of color to the flower-filled wheelbarrow on the packet. The sentiment is on the inside of the card, but I created a window in the front, so it would show through.


Make sure to check out all five (5) of the new Artful INKables releases.

Rubber Stamps: Artful INKables (In My Garden); Cardstock: Wausau (Kraft), Unknown (Pink); Patterned Paper, Sketch Book: CTMH; Paper Punches: EK Success (1 3/4" Circle, 1 1/2" Circle), Stampin' Up! (Scalloped Circle); Adhesive: Glue Dots (Removable)

8 comments:

  1. very cute and original
    I love the tiny window

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your garden window card - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fold over is a great name!I love this! I feel a case coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, Alicia!! Love the little window!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the window! Great idea and pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful set! I love this card, too - so cheery. I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete