Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - Week 2 - Card 1



Today I have another project featured on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog. It has been such an honor to be chosen, as well as to be paired up with Laura Williams this month. She has created some beautiful projects - I hope you will check them out.

For my first project this week, I used the turkey image and "Happy Thanksgiving" sentiment from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' Turkey Day clear stamp set.



I broke out my trusty DCWV Indian Summer Fall Matstack book and coordinating cardstock stack. I think this is hands-down my favorite line from this season.

After I colored "Tom" with my Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits I cut him out and curled up his tail feathers. I liked the dimension it gave to the image.



Did you notice the stitching?! It is real! I kid you not. I was going to break in my little purple Singer Pixie, but unfortunately it did not work so well. A few years ago my mom gave me her 'old' full-size Singer, so I broke that out and it worked like a charm. My stitching may not be so straight, but I have to say it was quick and painless - I will definitely be sewing on cards again... soon.

I used my bow-easy to create the orange silk ribbon bow. Once I figured out how to use that tool, I fell in love. Now I just need to figure out how to nicely add it to a strip of ribbon. Any ideas?!

Thanks for stopping by. I will be back tomorrow with another Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps creation.

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Turkey Day); Patterned Paper: DCWV Indian Summer Fall Matstack; Cardstock: DCWV (Gold), Neenah (Ivory); Ink: Versafine (Onyx Black); Colored Pencils: Prismacolor; Ribbon: Michael's; Border Punch: Stampin' Up; Other: Gold Half Pearls, Odorless Mineral Spirits, Bow-Easy, Singer Sewing Machine

1 comment:

  1. Such a great card! Love the turkey and the curled feathers are so great. Glad that you used the machine for sewing. Great bow and love the pp. Guess I love all of the card, huh?

    ReplyDelete