Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - Week 1 - Card 2


As I mentioned yesterday, I am back with another creation using the very versatile Pick of the Harvest Digital Stamp Set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.


I decided to try out the 'spotlight' technique for this sample. I have always wanted to try it and thought this image would be perfect. After I colored a small area of the image I punched it out and matted it.


The main, un-colored, image was cut out using a Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities die and then it was matted with a Nestabilities scalloped oval. The focal point, as well as the sheer ribbon and felt apple embellishment was placed onto the front of the clear card blank.


To hide the personal message in the card, I created a smaller card and adhered it to the inside. The sentiment 'You're the pick of the harvest!' can still be seen from the front. I punched it out with the rounded tab punch and it helps to open the inner card.

I will be back next week with even more creations using Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!!

Don't Forget: There is still time to get some clear card blanks from ShortCuts and don't forget about our clearance sale that is going on - 25% off all products - while supplies last...



Supplies:
Digital Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Pick of the Harvest); Patterned Paper: DCWV (Indian Summer Fall Stack); Cardstock: ShortCuts (Clear), DCWV (Indiam Summer Fall Stack); Inks: Laser Printer; Markers: Neopiko-2 Deleter; Felt Apple: Target $ Spot; Ribbon: Robert Stanley Collection (Green Sheer); Cutting Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities; Paper Punch; Stampin' Up! (Rounded Tab)

3 comments:

  1. Love the card and the spotlight is great!!! Excited to see your next creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! BTW ... I love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you used the clear card!!
    Fabulous spotlight on the images! I love the tab on the side!

    ReplyDelete