Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Easel Card

After seeing so many adorable easel cards on Splitcoast Stampers, I decided to try one myself. One of the ladies at my MOPS table has a birthday coming up soon, so I thought this would be the perfect occasion to give it a try.



When the card is closed, it looks pretty much like a regular card. The dimensions, 4.25" x 5.5", are even 'normal'.



But then it is opened and sits up so nicely; almost like a piece of art on display. The nice thing is, you can still see the sentiment on the 'inside', but the personal message would be hidden up under the easel folds.



Most of the easel cards I have seen use a row of brads, or another 3-D ledge to keep the back of the card sitting upright. I decided to adhere the lower decorations with dimensionals. This way it is high enough to keep the top in place, but I didn't have to break out the crop-o-dile.



Another new technique I tried on this card is beading. I had seen Mel Stampz bead on a card a week ago and gave it a go on this card. I sewed beads on the top of the cupcake, like sprinkles, and the top half of the card.

I also broke out the Bow Easy tool - that thing makes awesome bows. If you don't have one, I would seriously consider making the purchase. :)

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper; Cardstock: Neenah; Border Punch: Stampin' Up (Scallop); Stamp: Inkadinkado; Ribbon, Beads: Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Great card! I love the pp and the beads are great also.

    ReplyDelete