Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I made it to Round 3!!!!

Well, after posting this message, I am sure you all know how excited I am to be able to share one of my latest creations with you!!

The album; that I made for Round 2 of Lil' Scrappers Big Summer Win, got me through to Round 3!! Yay! I am still shaking from the announcement. I really didn't think I would go on. ALL of the albums ROCKED.

The rules for this round were:
- Mini album that was NOT a circle or a square
- Some type clear element
- Must use stamping of some kind

Here is what I made:



I have taken lots of pictures of Presleigh "crafting" over the last year or so, and have always wanted to put them together (since I think she has my "crafting gene"). This challenge was the perfect opportunity!!

I started by creating a paint palette and paint brush file to cut with my Cricut, using Sure Cuts A Lot. By using the "multi-cut" feature I was able to cut chipboard and clear palettes and then some chipboard brushes. Each page was covered with paper and decorated.

The album measures approximately 5" x 4". I used a Paper Studio alpha set to stamp "CREATE" for the cover and adhered it using Xyron adhesive.

I used my Big Bite to punch a hole through all the pages and then used a binder ring to keep together. Between each decorated chipboard page, there is a clear plastic page. On these I used some Autumn Leaves Journaling stamps (with StazOn) ink and then journaled with a slick writer. Each clear page also got some Primas added to it.

Some of the chipboard pages got accented with gems and others had a paint brush made from chipboard added to them. I wanted to keep the decorations simple since the papers were so pretty. To give the paint brushes more "pop" I covered the brush part with clear lacquer (whatever that stuff is that dries clear and is raised). May be a bit hard to see in pictures.

Supplies: PP & CS - Close To My Heart Boom-Di-A-Da, Clear plastic sheets - Accucut, Chipboard sheets - unknown, Flowers - Prima, Stamps - Autumn Leaves (Journaling), Paper Studio (Alphabet), Gems - Target $ Spot, Adhesive - Xyron and Glue Dots, Die Cutting Machine - Cricut Expressions, Software - Sure Cuts A Lot

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is such a kewl album! You rock!

    http://yelowflowersgarden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COngrats I knew you would make it on yours is so cute..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! Congrats on making through to the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- very cool! I love that album- no wonder you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!!
    Jusging by this mini albbum and your other work you So deserve it!! I LOVE this gorgeous mini album! AWESOME! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shape as it so suits the subject. Lovely bright colours too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete