Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Card of hope...

My mom recently received a letter from one of my aunts saying she has been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer.

My aunt knew the lump was there, but because of (lack of) insurance she did not visit the doctor.

Please encourage all women in your family and group of friends to perform monthly self breast exams. And to see a doctor if they suspect anything is unusual.

Also, let's fight for better health care on a national level. A woman should not have to worry about the cost of an exam if her life is at risk. *stepping down off soap box*



I made this card to send as a "thinking about you" card for my aunt.

Supplies:
CS - DCWV
Stamp - Stampin' Up
Ink - Stampin' Up
Ribbon - WalMart
Thread - DMC Floss

Technique:
I printed off a black & white outline of the pink breast cancer ribbon. I used this as a template to pierce holes on the back of the pink cardstock and then back-stitched the outline by hand.

3 comments:

  1. Alicia, that card is gorgeous. The pink ribbon is perfect. Hoping your aunt is doing OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your aunt. The card is BEAUTIFUL. I love how you stiched the pink ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful! I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt.. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete