Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Monday, July 9, 2007

I can see clearly now... I LOVE clear plastic!!!

Well, ladies I am proud to present one of (what I think is) my most lovely creations. Ever.

I wrote earlier today, wait that is yesterday now, that I wanted to make a clear SB LO of Presleigh. Well, after looking for the "right" picture I came upon a picture of my dear friend, Kim, and I at Presleigh's birthday party.

It has been a while (about 14 months - hee hee) since I have liked a picture I have been in. Well, this one is definitely scrap-worthy and my beautiful friend is in it as well, so what a bonus?!

Here it is...

I have made this as a surprise for my friend and I am really hoping she does not read my blog before I see her tonight. *crossing fingers*

I have more detailed pictures below, but I wanted to tell you a little about my supplies and technique before I uploaded the remaining gazillion (I took a lot of pictures) and you missed that part. :)

Supplies:

  • Clear Plastic cut to 12"x12" - Hobby Lobby
  • Chipboard Flourish - Oriental Trading
  • Red Leather Frame, black eyelets - Making Memories
  • Black Ribbon - Stash
  • Flourish Stamp - Heidi Swapp Foam Stamp (i think)
  • Red & White gems - Target $ Spot
  • Black Ink - StazOn
  • Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Textile
  • Metallic Black Paint - Hobby Lobby
  • Adhesive - Xyron, Glue Dots, Duck Brand Tape Runner
  • "Best Friend" stamp, Black Chalk - Unknown

Some techniques:

  • Ran a strip of 12" x 4" red cardstock through Cuttlebug using the Textile embossing folder. I had to run it through a few times to emboss the whole length, but the patterned lined up nicely.
  • I tore the sides of the red strip and chalked the edges and raised design using black chalk.
  • I matted the B&W picture in red as well, tore the edges and chalked.
  • Painted the chipboard flourish using metallic black paint and then added red & white gems.
  • For the leather frame I actually put the "wrong side" out and chalked it so it wasn't such a bright red. I added eyelets to the edges of the frame that do NOT go through the plastic sheet.
  • I printed the picture as an 8x10 at Walgreen's (used their online 1-hour photo service) and cropped it to 8x8.

Thanks so much for coming to look at my creation and here are some more views and detail shots:






10 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! If your going to give this one to your friend you should make another for yourself, its that nice! Great job.

    Quick Q...Did u use stazon ink to stamp the flourishes on the clear plastic? And did you stamp them on the top of the plastic or underneath?
    Would love to try this too...thanks for showing us your gorgeous creation

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful and I bet your friend will really treasure it. Thanks for sharing the instructions. Pam ~ cococat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is so gorgeous - I'm so inspired to try a clear layout right now - can't wait 'til the shops open so I can buy some supplies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia - She's gonna love this! Great job - simply gorgeous! I want to try this now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alicia,

    This is so gorgeous! I'm thinking I'm going to have to try one! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a treasure. you should be submitting some of your clear projects to the magazines

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa,
    I saw your question regarding my clear plastic SB layout and wasn't sure how to answer you, so I thought I would post here and send you a PM on the message board.
    I did use a thick plastic, not a transparency, for this. I bought the Plastic in a large sheet at Hobby Lobby and cut it down to size.
    I recently bought some plastic from Accucut's website, but haven't used it yet. The plastic from Accucut is a similar thickness to a credit/gift card.
    HTH,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alicia, this is stunning!!!! Thanks for sharing the directions with us. Now to hunt down some plastic sheets. My question is what did you use to cut it? I would be afraid it would reck your papr cutter or good sissors???

    I also agree with an earlier post you NEED to start submitting these clear creations girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen,
    I "scored" the plastic using a large ruler and box cutter/razor blade. Once there is a score line on the plastic you can bend it back and it will snap.
    I did use my Fiskars rotary cutter on some smaller pieces.
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is fantastic. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete